SAFETY AT STRIKER
As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of Safety, Health and Environment in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness or damage.
We are committed to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees, and will formally involve elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace change or any matters that may affect the health and safety of employees in any workplace.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
We will adopt procedures to;
- Provide a healthy and safe workplace, safe plant and systems of work;
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards;
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers as is necessary
to ensure their continued health and safety; and provide support and assistance to employees and involve them in
consultation on safety issues.
We recognize that the overall responsibility to provide a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. These responsibilities include:
- Providing and maintaining all workplaces in a safe condition;
- Ensuring that all OH&S policies and procedures are implemented and reviewed regularly.
- Actively promoting and being involved in those policies and procedures; and
- Providing adequate resources to meet these OH&S commitments.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits